Gluten Free Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
Pancakes seem to be one of those eternal “make people happy” meals.
Who am I to dispute this!?
So instead I set about making a clean version for you to enjoy.
These are gluten-free, dairy-free and super quick to create yourself.
Adapted from the incredible Green Kitchen Stories
INGREDIENTS – makes 4
- 1 large ripe banana or 1.5 medium-sized ripe banana
- 3 free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes* – pop in the processor to make smaller shreds if you prefer
- 1/4 cup fresh or thawed frozen blueberries (pop in the microwave for 10 seconds if frozen)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Coconut flakes, maple syrup and cinnamon to serve
- Peel the banana(s) and mash with a fork
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and mix in the bananas
- Add in the coconut, blueberries and cinnamon, stirring to combine
- If you prefer a smoother batter you could place the mixture in a food processor (optional)
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat
- Spoon small portions of the mixture into the pan
- Once a spatula can go cleanly underneath the pancake (and it looks golden underneath), flip it over
- Once both sides are golden brown, remove from the heat
- Repeat until mixture has all been cooked and you could keep in a warm oven in the meantime
- Serve and enjoy!
- These are super yummy with a drizzle of maple syrup (or honey), a little more coconut and a dusting of cinnamon
Calories – 100
Serving – 2 pancakes sized as seen in the images
*I highly recommend using preservative-free coconut flakes as 90% + of coconut products on the market (even in health food stores) have preservative 221 present. This is sodium sulphite and as well many people reacting badly to it; it is a totally unneeded product to consume. AVOID! This is the brand that I use.