Raw Salted Caramel Protein Balls
The Raw Cacao Protein Ball recipe on our site receives 1500 new hits every single month and a whole lot of praise, so first of all – thank you!
This tells me that you guys love the idea of easy and nutritious snacks that can be made in advance, enjoyed on the go and are not too high in calories!
The recipe is such an easy way to add more protein, fats and quality carbohydrates in your diet, is delicious and also helps you avoid the post-sugar slump of processed, off-the-shelf snacks.
I do have a clean eating cookbook set for release oh-so-soon, though with the above in mind I wanted to create something new for you now.
Enter…. Raw Salted Caramel Protein Balls.
As good, if not better, than they sound and I hope will be enjoyed the next time that you need a little snack that also does wonders for your body!
This recipe is gluten-free and can easily be vegan should you use a rice or pea protein powder.
Note – don’t be put off by the salt… it is incredible!
Raw Salted Caramel Protein Balls – makes 18 small balls
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dessicated coconut (without preservatives!)
- 1 scoop of quality protein powder of your choice (pea, rice or whey)
- 15-16 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons raw pepitas
- 2 tablespoons water
- Good crack/pinch of salt
- Extra coconut for rolling
WHAT TO DO
1. Blend cashews first in a food processor until in chunk-form
2. Add all other ingredients and blend until formed
3. Pour extra coconut into a bowl
3. Roll mixture into small balls and coat in the bowl of dessicated coconut
4. Freeze to set and enjoy!
These balls will last in your freezer for 2 weeks and are equally delicious if stored in the fridge, once set.Nutritional information for an average 30g ball: Calories – 129 Protein – 3.8g Fat – 6.7g Carbohydrates – 12.1g